Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Dorothy is HOW OLD???????

Here is Dorothy looking through her balloons and making a face tonight at her birthday party at Lamberts, where we went to eat supper and help her celebrate her ???? Birthday.
Dorothy got 3 balloons and a large "Hubcap" (Cinnamon Roll about the size of a large saucer) and $10 off her meal tonight from Lamberts. If you can prove it is your birthday, they will make your birthday a little more special for you.
Here is the Zucchini Cake I made for her with coconut and applesauce in it. We had scrumptous meals and all of us caught and ate a roll or two smothered in sorghum, or honey or butter. They were so hot and SO GOOD. Most of us caught one and some of us caught more than one. They throw them your way almost as soon as you walk in the door.
It sure does keep you on your toes. HEADS UP!!!

I went easy on Dorothy with the candles. I didn't want to overwhelm her and we sure didn't want to set the place on fire and have it on the front page of the Springfield NewsLeader with a headline that read, "Lamberts Burnt to the Ground - Senior Had TOO MANY CANDLES - Investigation Still Underway".

She huffed and she puffed and she blew them all out.
I always knew Dorothy was a "tad bit" windy.

Darlene joined us for the fellowship, festivities and fun. This was her very first time to eat at Lamberts. "Too much food to eat. " That was her comment but she sure did enjoy it. In this photo, Dorothy is intent on cutting the cake and Rosemary is looking at Darlene with a mischievous grin.
Rosemary also came to help us celebrate. Rosemary, Darlene and Dorothy all had the same thing - Chicken Fried Steak. Most of us took home take-out boxes of food. We will be eating for awhile on the leftovers. Tough job but someone has to do it. YUM!!!
Gary is the ONLY man at the table. He was eating a nice size piece of the yummy birthday cake and he had a pleasant smile on his face as he had his tummy full of food and that is what always makes him happy.
BIRTHDAY PARTIES ARE SO NICE.......HUH, GARY????

Just a little piece of cake for Janet. Also I didn't overeat with the meal either. It was so nice to go out with friends and have such a pleasant evening. Now who is having a birthday next???? Let us know when your birthday is and we will all join you for the food, fellowship, fun and festivities at one of our favorite eating spots in the area, Lamberts. OKAY? Bring your drivers license to prove your age.................you are HOW OLD?????????

Dorothy, Happy Birthday to a Special Person. We Love You,
Gary, Janet, Rosemary & Darlene

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still am overwhelmed by it all. What a pleasant surprise to have two of my newest friends to join us and truly surprise me!!!!!!!Janet pulled off another one. As usual JB was very thorough and meticulous with everything. That's what I love about you Janet. We always know everything is done to perfection when you are involved. WISH I HAD THAT TALENT. It is a true gift from God and we know He worked hard and long to come up with JB. Does everyone agree on that one??Again, what an evening and I really enjoyed it but you know what everyone says. (You shouldn't have) BUT I am glad you did. Also, the cards and gifts made it a little more special. THANKS! THANKS! and again I say THANKS! Well, so much for the letter. I think you got the picture, I loved it and will remember the memories we made last night on my 68th birthday. There I said it, what a mouth full.
Love ye JB, you are the greatest.
Dor

Anonymous said...

Hey JB, I love the part about Dot being WINDY TOTAL HOOT!
THAT was nice of you to have a party for her
A cousin of Dot's
Judy from Hot AZ

Anonymous said...

I REALLY ENJOYED YOUR BLOG,
you had me drooling, thinking of that delicious food at Lamberts,
sounded like a great b.d. party
loved the pictures, great work, cousin love your , Oklahoma
cousin,,, June