Friday, October 13, 2006

Corpus Christi Guard Camp

Gary is headed for Corpus Christi, TX today for his very last guard camp. It is way down almost to the tip end of Texas. He will be going down with another soldier ahead of the others who will be flying down on Sunday. Gary will probably stay tonight in Waco and then on to Corpus tomorrow. I took him to the airport today to meet up with Mark. They will be taking down a lot of tool boxes, personal gear and ice chests full of food and water bottles. Gary packed his popcorn popper, some homemade salsa and some chips. Also he took some munchy bars and other snacks. It was dark when I left him this morning but he is now well on his way there. Here is a photo of a sunrise over Corpus Christi Bay. Hopefully he will get to go to the gulf and enjoy some of the scenery while he is there for the next 2 weeks.

I will miss him terribly but it won't be near as bad as when he was gone to Kuwait/Iraq for a year in 2004. Please remember them in your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's to bad that you can't spend this time out in sunny California. I'm sure we could find something to do couldn't we.

Anonymous said...

i know Gary being gone again you will miss him so you guys always seem like such cute little lovers hang in there he will be home soon

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to reading your blog. I am just so JEALOUS.
What a life you have ! !...and you really know how to live it.
GOOD FOR YOU.......
When reading of how much you missed Gary, it broght tears to my eyes. God certainly knew how to match up 2 beautiful people.
Thank you for sharing your life and keep up the wonderful times.