We used the chests for over a week to keep food cold, frozen or to store ice.
Here is our street the day after the storm started. It was still raining and the trees had snapped and broken all during the night. It sounded like canons going off and it kept us awake almost the entire night. The freezing rain started on Friday afternoon - Jan. 12 and at 9 PM we lost our power. Several limbs had fallen but it would get worse as the days of freezing rain continued. You can see some limbs down in the yard next door to our house on the right. This is looking North and our yard is not visible but it is to my right as I am taking the photo. I will be showing more photos tomorrow. I have several to show and will only do a few at a time.

2 comments:
I am getting cold just looking at these pictures!!!
We have been without power before, but never for more than 3 or 4 days...maybe because our town is so small. I hope it never happens to you again!
Post a Comment