Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gracen Getting Ready for Christmas

Here is little Gracen under their tree playing with Frosty the Snowman and his little dog.
They sing & bark the song Jingle Bells and do other cute actions. She was fascinated with it.

Gracen found her sleigh under the tree that Grandma & Grandpa Basnett gave her last year.

Gracen was helping Mommy relocate some things under the tree.

Here is a beautiful nativity that Dan bought for Missy this year. It was sitting on the fireplace.

Gracen found it and started in to rearrange the little figurines inside.
Here she is giving the little people to Aunt Melissa and Grandma. She totally cleared it out and then she started to relocate some of the pieces.

She took each figurine back and placed them in the stable and here is her final work. Not bad for someone who is not even 2 yet. She had baby Jesus under the palm tree in front, the angel and Mary looking on, 2 wise men facing the baby and a shephard with his sheep. Joseph was behind the palm tree not far from the baby and he was looking out the back door and so was another wise men with the donkey and cow. I imagine they were keeping watch by night for mean ole' King Herod. Anyway, I thought she did a GREAT job. What do you think????? Leave a comment. OK? Also she had NO help putting any of the pieces back in place. She did it totally on her own. SMART CHILD if you ask me.

When we got ready to leave, Gracen wore her Santa hat and Dalton and Alissa told each other good bye. I imagine this year will be an exciting and fun time for Little Gracen. She is ready and waiting for the big day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say you have beautiful grandchildren. I think they must take after their aunt. : ) It was great seeing you over the holidays. Although we didn't get much time. Alyssan has really grown up.

Kari

Anonymous said...

Wow! I would have to agree that she is a smart little cookie. I can't imagine where she got that from....Tee hee:-}
MissyB

gg` said...

She is certainly a smart girl and I would love to give those 3 a big hug.

gg

gg` said...

Jan, I was thrilled to see that Missy and Dan are still using their tree skirt.

gg

Anonymous said...

Don't you know that all those grandbabies get their intelligence from their grandmothers? At least that is what I think. Beautiful grandchildren. Christmas is not the same without them. Have a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I think some small children are Psychic. I've heard they outgrow it by 6 years old.
Retha

Anonymous said...

I just love that last picture of them all telling you bye! What a beautiful family..and a very smart little girl of course,...She knows the Christmas story already! In all seriousness..I think it is so important to show your little ones the nativity early..and not only the Christmas tree and sparkly lights...so they know the true meaning of Christmas!