Thursday, November 02, 2006

Air Force One Has Landed



Air Force One landed at Springfield Branson Regional Airport tonight with President Bush aboard. Gary and I drove out to where he works at the 1107th AVCRAD and we saw the President's plane from a distance. I had to take pictures from a moving vehicle as we were not allowed to stop. There was security and secret service all over. We even saw several helicopters hovering in the area as well as Air Force planes flying the air space. Below are the photos I took tonight. They are not really clear but you can sure make out that it was Air Force One. I had never seen it before and it is quite a large plane. Gary has seen it land several times before as the runway that it lands on is right next to the building where Gary works. It is also the same runway that Gary flew out on when he left for Kuwait/Iraq in January 2004. President Bush was coming here to be with Jim Talent before the election on Tuesday. Once several years ago, my mother and dad saw President Kennedy land in Air Force One in California. Mother got a photo of the plane and one of Kennedy as he emerged from the plane. I'm not sure of the date it was taken. She was quite proud of it and it was a good photo.

We never have a dull moment around here. Right before we went out to see the plane tonight, Gary came home with the news that he got a deer with his bow and arrow. He hit it right before dark and he said it left a good blood trail. He thinks he didn't go far but by the time he was able to go check on it, it had gotten too dark. He was only about 4 miles from our house. SO - tomorrow before the crack of dawn, he will be out in the woods looking for Mr. Deer. He thought it was a 6 point buck but it happened so fast he wasn't sure. Will blog more about it tomorrow. Actually I did 2 blogs today instead of one. I am going to try to do 1 post a day for my blog in November so for now I am 1 ahead.

It was very dark and we were quite a ways from the plane but you can see the outline of it.


On this photo when I zoomed in, I saw the United States flag on the tail of the plane.


You can actually read the words on the side, United States of America.

5 comments:

Retha said...

WOW! you have posted about 6 different things since I last checked. I'm caught up now; very interesting. Love Ya

Bethany said...

I do love the Prez.

JB said...

He sure is on the TOP of my list. I would not want to be in his shoes. Considering all he has been through since he was elected into office....I think he has done a fantastic job.

At least he stands up for the Lord.

JB

Anonymous said...

Janet, thanks for the story
and photos of Air Force one.
I had the privilege of seeing
Our President Bush and Air
Force One, in Springfield at
a rally he attended in 2002.
I am Praying for Our President,
and our Country. Glad to call
him, My President.

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to have seen Air Force One, his helicopter and him! I did see his speech on TV when he was here and I think he made some very good points!