Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I was thinking about Valentine's Day and my thoughts went to the word LOVE. The love for our spouses, sweethearts, parents, children, grandchildren, friends and family is all because of Jesus who is the greatest teacher on giving love. He invented LOVE. It came from our Heavenly Father and love is what makes our everyday lives go on with meaning and happiness. Can you imagine how hard it would be if we couldn't love the ones around us? Or not have emotions and love for our children or grandchildren? It is unthinkable. What a sad world this would be if there was NO LOVE at all. Even love for our pets and animals is important. We love the beauty of the world that God made and we love the feeling that we get when we receive love in return. Jesus makes all of that possible in our lives. LOVING comes from Jesus. LOVING is Jesus. LOVING continues with Jesus. It is eternal and never ending. The following saying has always struck a cord in my heart, "And now these three remain: FAITH, HOPE and LOVE, but the greatest of these is LOVE". May this Valentine Day fill your heart so full of the LOVE of Christ that it is overflowing....to loved ones and to those around us who may not receive a lot of LOVE this Valentine's Day. Thank you, Jesus for loving us so much that you were willing to die for us.
There is no greater love found.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

How true! Jesus IS love. :)

gg` said...

You never fail to amaze me with your words you write so eloquently.

Truer words were never spoken and I cannot even put into words how I feel about the love I have from Jesus, my family and friends.

Remember
You are wonderfully well and blessed and Highly Favored of the Lord!!
gg

gg` said...

I have been trying to comment on all your recent blogs and it would not take my sign in information. I finally was able to get into their system and reset my password.
Hopefully I wont have any more trouble.

gg

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day...Love ya, Whit