This is a photo of North Town Mall where I have been employed for almost 7 years. Yesterday I was called by my employer from Ft. Lauderdale and told that yesterday was my last working day. I was not terminated but "laid off" due to a smaller work load, which has been evident for some time now. I was also given my pay for this week and also my remaining 6 days vacation PLUS 2 weeks severance pay. SO - I am okay with the LAY OFF and can now give a sigh of relief knowing where I stand and can go on with plans for the future. The lay off was decided by WalMart as they are the owners of the mall and my company, Gumberg, an agent for WalMart, was very supportive to me in the lay off stating that I had been a valued and very trustworthy employee who they would highly recommend for future employment. I have already filed for unemployment and they said I was definitely entitled to that and there would be no rebuttal from them on receiving it. I will have a new cell phone, however, my number will remain the same for now. Gary took off work in the afternoon yesterday and helped me pack and load boxes of personal items from work. I had been there for so long that I had many things to move out including a workable microwave that my dad got for me in the '70's. I also had lots of kitchen items as I usually cooked and ate my lunch there daily. My boss, Rebecca and Gumberg have both been very supportive & GREAT in this transition. I will miss all the employees there and have had some WONDERFUL MEMORIES at the North Town Mall. I don't ever regret having that experience and I thank the Lord for bringing many people into my life as a result of that employment.
Here is the beautiful rose that my sweetie brought when we met for supper at the Bass Pro Hemingways Restaurant last night. We enjoyed a wonderful meal including all you can eat "crab legs" and it also included a wonderful clam chowder. I figured I deserved that after being with the company all this time. It was kinda like a going away dinner for me.....Thank you Gary, I love you so much.

6 comments:
Even though you knew it was in the works, I'm sure it was still a shock for you.
You were perfect for that job! :)I would definitely want you to be my event planner!
I know you will be able to find employment somewhere else. You are such a people person. In the meantime, sit back, relax and enjoy your time off.
i know you were great there and will really be missed by so many friends, you made there, like bethany said, but it still will be a big adjustment after all this time, So just enjoy yourself for awhile, you always do
the rose was beautiful, that Gary is a keeper isnt he ?
love you june
Hi, Sissy, you are blessed!-even though it doesn't seem like it at the time in some ways. When God closes one door another will surely open for you!! The lay off was through no fault of your own, so look forwarded to a bigger and better plan that He has for you!!
Although we knew it was coming, I pray for you to get thru this with a blessing of love. I know how you met a lot of people thru that job,I was one of them and I will always be greatful for that. I consider you and John some of the greatest people that was ever connected to that Mall and so appreciated your business with me over the years. This is what life is all about, meeting and gaining new friends. When I think about all of the people I have met through you and that they are genuine Christians. That is what makes you feel good. NOW, we can have reallllly long lunch breaks. glad you are my friend.
Dot
Jannie -
I go to the site about once a week. It never ceases to amaze me.
Living in the tropics, I find your lifestyle so interesting.
Those quilts were so beautiful and I know the work that goes into them.
I love reading & seeing all the pictures you post.....and the wonderful foods that you make, etc.
You certainly cannot DENY your gorgeous daughter. She is your clone. She now knows what she will look like in another 15 years.
Love ya bunches.
Post a Comment