
Here I am in a hat that my friend, Mary let me borrow. We had a "Hat Day" at The Cambridge Friday, the 2nd. It was my 3rd day at work and we had a lot of fun. Many of the residents there wore some of the cutest hats. They were all original and very festive.

Here is a new resident, Billie, I went up and met her and took her a welcome basket with some balloons, candy, and lots of other goodies. She was a pleasure to visit with and we had a great time.

Here is another sweet lady that came over and introduced herself to me. We had a really lovely visit. She reminded me of my Aunt Gladys that use to live in CA. She had on a cute hat.

This man is also one of our residents. He is full of laughs and I loved his little hat too.

Here is Caroldean and she was telling others how much our former activity director, Susie, meant to her. We were honoring Susie that day as it was her last day to work.

Here are some of the sweet residents that came to the Going Away Party for Susie in the Atrium that afternoon.

Here is Susie. She got a wonderful bouquet of flowers, a beautiful cake and well wishes from everyone. The residents took up almost $500 to give her as a going away gift. She was in tears. Even though they were all sad to see her go, they gave me a warm welcome.
4 comments:
I'm so happy for you, Sissy! This is the perfect job for you. You will be such a blessing to the residents. I know you will enjoy being able to make their day a little brighter.
You look very pretty in your purple hat. I am glad you like your job and I know you are going to do great at it. It might cut in to some of our adventures together, BUT there is always the weekends!
This is a great job for you, and the residents look delightful!
How lucky are these residents? I think you are the perfect person for this type of job. You smiling, seems to make them smile. Congrats.
Post a Comment